With the new back-to-school season, many parents and college students are considering buying a vehicle to make the daily commute to school a little easier. If you’ve been considering selling your vehicle, now may seem like the right time! But before you do, consider these tips:
- Gather records for maintenance and repairs. Used car buyers appreciate being able to see the complete history of the vehicle they are buying. Having these records collected and available provide added value to the vehicle you’re trying to sell.
- Offer a pre purchase inspection for any interested buyers. Encourage them to take the vehicle to their own mechanic or recommend your own. An independent and reliable mechanic, like the technicians at The Pit Shop Garage, can provide an unbiased report for buyers. This shows buyers that you trust your vehicle is in good condition.
- Wash your car so it looks its best. Before you post photos online, a car wash can help show your vehicle in the best light. It also helps remove dirt and contaminants that can cause damage over time.
- Check the value of your vehicle, considering all factors like current condition and history. Online sources, like Kelley Blue Book, can help you calculate the value of your car or truck before you sell it.
- Weigh the pros and cons of selling your vehicle. Most often, it actually makes more sense to keep your current car than buy a new one. Once you add up the taxes, down payment, normal maintenance, and other costs of a new car, maintaining your current car can save you more money!
If you do choose to sell your vehicle, bring it into The Pit Shop Garage for any maintenance due so it’s in the best condition for sale. Don’t forget to bring your next vehicle in for a pre-purchase inspection. For more advice, call our team at (847) 562-5690.